Scouts - For Adventure!
The Scout Section was initially the original section from which Scouting grew. Therefore it comes as no surprise that we have some serious fun in the Troop. The Spirit of Adventure is what drives the Scout Section - to challenge you to try new things, to encourage you to try to be more responsible, to work as a team and lead.
The Troop Section is for youth aged between 11 and 15 years of age. The aim of this Section is to provide Scouts with fun, challenging and interesting activities while at the same time teaching skills and values they will need to face the world tomorrow.
At this age, youth are more aware of what they want and like, so it is no wonder that the Section gets its identity from its members. This identity is shaped by the Scout Promise and Law that teaches crucial values in taking on life's challenges - loyalty, trust-worthiness, respect to name a few.
Various activities are planned during the year such as cycling, canoeing, camping, rafting etc.
The Troop is split into teams called Patrols. Each Patrol has a Patrol Leader and an Assistant Patrol Leader. Supported by Adult Leaders (Scout Leader and Assistants), the Troop is run by the Patrol Leaders' Council.
"Vigorous scout games are the best form of physical education because most of them bring in moral education."
Scouts usually meet on Saturdays 13.30pm – 4.00pm.
- Sun 9th Mar 0400-1400 Crew - Car Boot Sale + Unit @Ir-Razzett tal-Hbiberija
- Sun 9th Mar Unit - Carboot Sale
- Sun 9th Mar 0600-1200 Group - Fund Raising Car-Booth Sale @Razzett tal-Hbiberija
- Wed 12th Mar 1800-1900 Beavers - Tent Pitching @HQ
- Sat 15th Mar 0900-1200 Unit - New Executive Election & Games @AC
- Sat 15th Mar 1130-1330 Pack - Session/Games +MOB +LB @HQ